Chief Baker Simone,
a German native continuing a Family Tradition.
Growing up in Germany and spending a lot of time at my grandmother’s house there was always this warm smell of freshly baked cookies, pies, or cakes, which made me feel comfortable and at home.
Upon this day I remember the hours we spent baking with her, my mothers, and aunts and the joy it brought to my heart.
Living in Virginia, I traded my career to pursue this passion, a passion that has been a part of our childhood and which we would like to share with the community.
Baking is a tradition within our family which goes back to the 17th century.
Selling at Farmers Markets gives me the advantage of being able to source the best local fresh produce, dairy and eggs in order to achieve the best quality in our baked goods.
All our baked goods are made from scratch, without preservatives and follow our family recipes.
Not to sweet, different and always fresh you can bring a piece of Germany to your table.
Policy (applies to all costumers with purchases and orders)
- Minimum order: Pretzels and decorated cookies have a minimum of one dozen
Pastries have a minimum order of 6.
- Orders have to be placed 7 days in advance. Accepting an order comes down to our availability on the desired date. Last-minute orders will be considered based on availability.
- If fresh flowers will be used on the cake it is the responsibility of the florist to determine flower safety and safe food practices and not the cake decorator.
- In the case of an unavoidable situation, such as a car accident or poor road conditions during delivery, the cake decorator cannot be held liable for more than the cost of the above-ordered cake.
- Delivery is an extra charge depending on the distance.
- The Baekehaus does not offer cash or credit refunds for any cake or dessert order. All sales are final.
- We do not recommend cake pickups for cakes with more than two tiers. If you choose to pick up your cake and transport it yourself, please be aware that we will not be liable or responsible for the cake once it has left our location (any damage that may occur during or after the pickup in any way). We can deliver your tiered cake to any DMV address.
For a wedding cake with more than two tiers, there are no wedding cake pickups, deliveries are required.
- It's the client responsibility to ensure that the cake will be set up in an area that is climate controlled to ensure that the cake, cupcake or pie remains intact and retains its original condition. Extremely high temperature and humidity may affect the condition of the cake.
- Matching colors: we make every possible effort to match event, wedding or picture colors but are not able to ensure to accomplish the exact shade and lighting and sight may affect color.