Once your cake leaves The Baekehaus, we are no longer responsible for any damages that may occur, during transportation or at your home.
If you have any questions about the care of your cake, please contact us.
Below are some basic guidelines.
Carry your cake safely.
Place both hands under the board of your cake to so that the weight of the cake evenly spread, while you carry it.
Cake boxes are not very strong; please be careful not to squeeze the sides into your cake.
Be sure there is no any object around the cake which has chances of falling over the cake box and hence damaging it.Go DIRECTLY to your cake's final destination. Your decorations are made, with creamed butter! Every little bump, every small curve, every stop and go affects the solidity of your cake. In all of the times of delivering cakes, we've noticed elements slide off, breaks while transporting. Warm buttercream can melt, especially if it is slowly decorated or have compact buttercream designs. Make sure that you directly take it home.
Drive safe with your cakes.
Place cakes on flat surface in your car: flat space is best\ NOT ON PASSANGER SEAT which may cause the cake to damage.
Secure the cake/cake box so it does not slide.
Drive careful. Every curve, slope or bump can crack the buttercream or let decorations move/ fall off.
(applies to all costumers with purchases and orders)
- Minimum order: Pretzels and decorated cookies have a minimum of one dozen
Pastries have a minimum order of 6.
- Orders have to be placed 7 days in advance. Accepting an order comes down to our availability on the desired date. Last-minute orders will be considered based on availability.
- If fresh flowers will be used on the cake it is the responsibility of the florist to determine flower safety and safe food practices and not the cake decorator.
- In the case of an unavoidable situation, such as a car accident or poor road conditions during delivery, the cake decorator cannot be held liable for more than the cost of the above-ordered cake.
- Delivery is an extra charge depending on the distance.
- The Baekehaus does not offer cash or credit refunds for any cake or dessert order. All sales are final.
- We do not recommend cake pickups for cakes with more than two tiers. If you choose to pick up your cake and transport it yourself, please be aware that we will not be liable or responsible for the cake once it has left our location (any damage that may occur during or after the pickup in any way). We can deliver your tiered cake to any DMV address.
For a wedding cake with more than two tiers, there are no wedding cake pickups, deliveries are required.
- It's the client responsibility to ensure that the cake will be set up in an area that is climate controlled to ensure that the cake, cupcake or pie remains intact and retains its original condition. Extremely high temperature and humidity may affect the condition of the cake.
- Matching colors: we make every possible effort to match event, wedding or picture colors but are not able to ensure to accomplish the exact shade and lighting and sight may affect color.